Formal Accreditation - Partnering with 21st Century Schools
1. Apply for Accreditation and Evaluation as a 21st Century School using the Become a Member form here.
2. Submit the Accreditation and Evaluation fee. Additional fees will be applicable, based upon the partnership agreement outlining specific services provided by 21st Century School. See #4 below. The original Accreditation and Evaluation fee will be credited toward the entire program.
3. Organize a campus 21st Century School Accreditation Team (21CSAT) which includes administrators, teachers, students, parents and community members.
4. Getting Started - 21st Century Schools partners with your school or organization to ensure the sustainability of the standards of 21st century education. Our organizational partnerships will vary in size and scope, but are always aligned with your existing strategic plans and innovation goals.
A key component of a 21st century schools is the curriculum and instruction, however, it is most successful when supported by the appropriate Learning Environment.
Our proprietary planning model results in a three-year 21st Century School Initiative that has as its goal the sustainable implementation of 21st century education across a system. The plan generates a flexible but structured rollout of professional development and other services. It outlines benchmarks and goals. It allows development of local 21st century educational capacity among teachers, site leaders, and district administrators.
This avenue provides your school with the highest level of support in creating and sustaining an excellent 21st century school.
All members of your site-based 21st Century Schools Accreditation Team* work collaboratively with a representative from 21st Century Schools to design the plan. These efforts begin by designing a flexible multi-year implementation plan during a two-day onsite 21st Century Education Implementation Planning Process.
This fee-based planning workshop is the first step in the process. It begins with a formal Initial Needs Assessment by 21st Century Schools, which involves a minimum of a two-day on-site visit.
- Day One is utilized to conduct an initial evaluation of the Learning Environment.
- Day Two involves a day-long planning session with your 21st Century Schools Accreditation Team.
21st Century Schools then generates the plan and related budget within 10 days of the meeting's conclusion and submits it for partner approval. The plan is revised on semi-annual basis to ensure goals remain achievable.
5. Submit Your Portfolio - Your school's 21CSAT will receive the 21st Century School Guide which includes the steps for self-evaluation.
Utilizing the guide your team will:
- Initiate a reflective, self-evaluation process to determine how the school meets the criteria for accreditation.
- Take steps for meeting the criteria which they have determined to be in need of improvement.
- Begin gathering documentation for supporting the school's application for accreditation.
- Submit a portfolio
6. Review of Progress and Recommendations - 21st Century Schools representatives will assist your school in conducting a comprehensive review of your progress, determining your current status, and making recommendations for further growth and development.
7. Accreditation - At this time your school will receive a status of being an accredited 21st century school. The accreditation will be at the level of Beginner, Intermediate, or Sustaining. At this point we will discuss with you options with you on how to achieve the next level, Exemplary/Advanced!